On a Friday afternoon as our "Golden Time" 4N has been busy exploring art techniques. For several lessons we focused on creating 3D handprints. We discovered that this is called an illusion.
Here is how to make one.
1) First you draw an outline of your hand on the paper making sure to include your wrist.
2) Make 1cm markings up both sides of your paper
3) Join the markings, making sure not to draw on your hand in anyway. Only on the background.
4) Now you need to draw the curved line over your hand and fingers to create a 3D look.
5) At the point where the lines joins the hand as it starts to curve and as it finishes its curve, make the line thicker.
6) Choose 1 colour and go over all of the lines you have drawn.
7) Repeat this process using other colours
8) You must remember to make the lines thicker as this is what creates the illusion.
Here is our end result.