Starting Secondary School 2021
Timeline for secondary transfer:
1. Read this brochure before you apply so you are fully informed before you make your application.
2. Find out all the information you need to know about the schools you are interested in. This should include admissions criteria, which will tell you how the places are offered. This will help you to make your decision about which preferences to list. Waltham Forest Schools are listed on pages 16–49. School open evenings are listed on page 7.
3. Submit your application by 31 October 2020. You can do this by making an online application via www.eadmissions.org.uk. You must apply by no later than 11.59pm on the day for your application to be on time. Please do not leave it to the last day to submit your application to ensure it is received in time. Please note if you have not applied online before, you will need to register first. You will then receive a user name and password. Please keep a careful note of these, as you will need these every time you go into your eadmissions account. Please note that you will receive an application reference number once your application has been submitted online. Please keep this safe.
4. Submit any supplementary information forms by 31 October 2020. Some schools require you to complete a supplementary information form. You should complete and submit the form directly to the school by the closing date. If the schools are outside Waltham Forest, please check with their local authority. You should also submit your proof of address as indicated on page 9 of this brochure by the closing date.
5. National Offer Day is on 1 March 2021. This is the date when we release the outcome of your application. If you apply online you will receive a text in the evening of 1 March 2021. If you apply using a paper application form your letter will be posted on 1 March by first class post. You should receive your letter on 2 March 2021.
6. 15 March 2021 – you must accept or decline your offer by this date. If you applied online, you can do this by going into your eadmissions account. If you applied on paper, you must return the reply slip you receive with your letter.
7 Appeals – If you wish to make an appeal for a community school, you should do so by 30 March 2021.