(important, please keep checking
Ennis Hill class assembly - Friday 3rd February 2017
Wednesday 8th March (in school) - A Day in Politics - part of our Enabling Enterprise project
Brunel class assembly - Friday 24th March 2017
Trip - Monday 27th March 2017 - Magic, Mystery and Mirage - LSO (London Symphony Orchestra), Concert at the Barbican.
Trip - Wednesday 19th April 2017 - Museum of London - Hands on Romans
Trip - Thursday 29th June 2017 - Stansted Mountfitchet Castle - as part of our work on the Anglo-Saxons
Intensive swimming - 3rd-14th July - Walthamstow Feel Good - 1 hour every day for two weeks.
Offers of help are needed for all trips, please speak to class teachers or send a message. We are unable to take any pre-school children.
Welcome to our Year 4 page.
The Year 4 team are: Mrs Streader, Miss Efreme, Miss Watson, Miss Cook, Mrs Cahill, Miss Elsby and Mr Winspear. We look forward to working with you this year.
Our page is where we communicate our learning during the day with families at home.
Please keep checking the page to be kept informed of upcoming dates, important events, assemblies as well as letting you know what's happening in school.
- water bottles in school every day
- Reading Records in school every day
- Reading Records need to be signed by a grown up at home
- PE kit - needs to fit! Please check.
- school opens at 8.40 - after 8.50, you're late!
- name your clothes! (especially cardigans, jumpers and fleeces)
- homework: comes home on Thursday or Friday and needs to be returned by the following Wednesday
- Mathletics - we set Mathletics homework every week, this is linked with the work we are doing in school. Log in details are in the front of your child's homework folder, please make a note of it.
- times table tests will take place once a week - 100 mixed questions in 10 minutes - practise at home :-)
Literacy Overview Plans
Please encourage your child to play Mathletics at home to help them to practise their Maths skills through fun activities. The log in details are stuck into the front of every child's homework folder(please note them down, for when their homework folder is in school). Sometimes there will be particular work set. Mathletics enables the children to practise their Maths skills through fun activities. Children have access to Mathletics only in Year 3 and 4, so take advantage of free access now.
Work of the Week in Year 4
4 Ennis Hill
4 Ennis Hill performed their class assembly on Friday 7th October. Check out the powerpoint here!
School Councillors have been elected:
Blake in 4Ennis Hill with Darcey as the deputy
Annabel in 4 Brunel with Nathan as the deputy
William Morris Printing and Collage
William Morris Gallery
We had a great time visiting the gallery, we had a practical workshop and even spent time in the playground. The gallery is free to visit, often has family events and has a lovely café. The park and gallery have received a large lottery grant and is well worth a visit. In the park there is a great café and a great play area.